View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 08:24 AM   #14
jimmythompson1964

Re: 1966 C 10 - "Wild Thang"

With only 3 weeks before the Power Tour I now would be up against the wall on time, only being able to work on it weekends. I removed the hood and fender to see what was damaged causing the tire to lean in at the top, and yes it would need the frame pulled. So I drove it to my fiends shop Friday morning he let me use his frame machine for a few hours and I was able to stand the tire back up straight. Front end shop was next then the tire store it bent the lip of the front rim. I got the tire removed and headed back home to get busy. Everyone on this web site will know what mean when I say when you start working on one thing on these old trucks you usually find 3 or 4 other things that need to be dealt with while it's tore down. My inner fender had a rust hole up front, the steering column bearing was wore out and wiring needed some help, and of course everything need cleaning and a new coat of satin black paint. The last thing I decided to do was get rid of the 3rd most ugly thing about my truck...the hood....
Attached Images

jimmythompson1964 is offline   Reply With Quote