Thread: Project 69SWB
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #113
~Whitey~

Re: Project 69SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking9 View Post
GREAT choice on the wheel/tire setup. Those will look awesome on that black truck. Have you tried those cab corners yet? I had the same experience as the other guy that posted earlier. I ended up cutting them up for patches on my cowl, so at least they werent a total waste of money. I ended up buying a set from GMC Pauls and they were much more like original. Hopefully yours are better. I could tell the ones I bought were junk when I took them out of the box. The pinch weld area was almost non-existant one one side, and they cups were wrinkled very badly on both. I hope they work out for you, but if they dont, I recommend GMC Pauls. Anyway, you are makin great progress on that cab.
Thanks! These are just as you described pretty much. They're nice and thick but the stamp is all wrong I'd say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
Your doing a great job on your truck, the frame looks super nice. If your wanting some cab corners that are a better fit, try the Tabco cab corners. They cost a little more but worth it.
Thanks for the compliment. You guys are right... These LMC cab corners aren't the best fit... I messed around with them a bit earlier but didn't have a lot of time. It just seems like the are too wide and once attached to the pillar they won't attached to the rear floor without some serious bending and pounding. It's like they need about a 1/4 inch cut out of them. Ill mess with them a bit more tonight or tomorrow and if they're not gonna work ill look at some of the other you all mentioned. I don't know why I don't look through the vendor board more often... Might have save me the time and trouble with these.

Do you have a link for the Tabco corners?
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by ~Whitey~; 01-13-2013 at 08:40 PM.
~Whitey~ is offline   Reply With Quote