View Single Post
Old 08-09-2023, 05:31 PM   #98
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: Palf's 1970 Custom/10

Been working on this on and off for a week. Since in the last 20+ years, could never get the factory tach to be consistently accurate, I decided to do a sorta custom dash out of things I had around the shop. Just did not want to invest in the high dollar digital stuff right now. Don't worry the factory tach dash is unharmed, I started with a regular gauge dash and modified it.

I thought I took pictures of the back with it wired up, but I guess I didn't (or I stored them in a special place I can't find)

I use the factory speedo and Fuel gauge, just wired it in, not plastic circuit board. I used side marker light sockets and LED bulbs to replace all the dash lights. I also painted the inside of the housing chrome so it would reflect the light better.

Replaced all the gauges and added a clock where the extra (no longer needed) non-functioning gas gauge (All gauges on bottom were dead) was. I am happy how it came out. Took a while to color coordinate the wiring. I cleaned up the inside wiring a lot and everything was soldered in place. All the gauges seem to work accurately.
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!

Last edited by Palf70Step; 08-09-2023 at 05:48 PM.
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote