View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 09:38 PM   #33
NDM

Re: Bucketlist Blazer -Restomod build 6.6liter L8T

Just a build update... I am still laid off and I am stuck. I need more cash to buy the remainder of the items needed for motor swap and I do not want to just put a few thousand on my credit card. The only way for me to proceed with the swap is with either a jobby job or by selling off my beloved things. I have already sold a bunch of stuff but I really do not want to dip into my tier 1 stuff. I do not want to sell my motorcycle because I put a lot of work into it and it is actually reliable and fuel efficient. SOOOOO......

Today I reluctantly spent a whole day removing my old motor to replace the flywheel. I got the flywheel on and new motor mounts and set the motor down as I ran out of light. What a royal pain in the Ass that was. Middle finger to the person that thought it was a good idea to put the motor damn near against the firewall. I am 100% moving the motor forward when I do the motor swap. I am happy that I did not break or strip any bolts in the process. That virtually never happens!

So tomorrow if all goes well, I will finally after 4 months be able to enjoy my Blazer again. I did overextend my throttle cable so we will see how that works out. I may have to replace it. No worries, I am just glad to almost be able to drive the thing again.
NDM is offline   Reply With Quote