View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #62
Cheeseman

Re: Project "Home Wrecker"

I took a few minutes last night to step out to the shop and was looking things over and saw that the plastic loom clip/sleeve that holds the positive cable to the starter, it runs right across the lower part of the motor and it was rubbing on my drag link, so after a minimal inspection I saw that it was going to be problematic with the additional drag. I am not sure if anyone else has encountered this or mentioned it, but I simply removed the loomed positive cable from the clip/sleeve and took out teh one 10mm bolt on the drivers side and the rest was just popped into place. It came off very easy and gave be back the needed room for the steering. The positive cable was still wrapped in the factory wire loom and I simply just remounted it back w/o the clip/sleeve and used zip ties to hold it securely out of the way. A cheap and easy fix and I now have no steering interference. I was also pleasently surprised that the PS pump and lines on the LS were a direct fit to the PS gear box from my 74 donor rig and no interference there either. I am hoping to have the radiator support worked over by the end of the weekend adn have it mocked into place and get the radiator, PS cooler and maybe even the AC condensor fitted. It is all to the very slow going part now and I am needing to get some more $$ socked back into the build budget for the next phase.

Cheese "may try for a trip to Classic Parts in the near future" Man