View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 04:27 PM   #8
lil hoodlum

Re: Motor and Tranny Shop in Dallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr View Post
Rusty, you were right. It was an easy solution. I started with the easiest thing first, and it turns out I had a bad thermostat. She runs cool and no more vapor lock. But, my great intentions are still there... I'm still unsatisfied with the lack of power and the 3 speed tranny.

lil hoodlum,

When Wayne rebuilt your 327, what changes did you make and what power difference did you get from the rebuild.
It was a basic stock rebuild, long block. Cylinders had to be bored over .06 so this will likely be the last time this block can be rebuilt. I did go with a set of aftermarket heads though. Motor runs good and I haven't had any issues with it and the rebuild was a little over 3 years ago and this is my daily driver. I average a little over 100 miles per week on it. The dyno'd it to break the motor in and it got 338.8 torque at 4200 rpm and 308.3 CBHP at 5600 rpm. It's not a race motor for sure, but it gets down the road just fine and it has plenty of pick up and go. I paid $1750 for all the parts and machining except for the heads. It took about a month for the rebuild.
Attached Images

lil hoodlum is offline   Reply With Quote