View Single Post
Old 12-09-2022, 10:45 AM   #36
CAMAROBOY68SS

Re: How bad are the reproduction steering wheel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Those GM "Comfort Grip" wheels are a really nice touch for a slightly modified truck. They go hand in hand with rallye wheels for an all GM shoulda coulda look. I've run those in many trucks. I have a saddle Oldsmobile 4-spoke as an option for my '72 GMC. I got my wheel for a decent price, but paid dearly for all the hub and horn parts. Chevys are easy since they made cars and trucks. GMC you either have to do something custom or choose between the motor divisions. I usually go with Pontiac.

We've only been reviewing the 69-72. The OEM 67/68s seem to be a little better on cracking but uncracked are hard to find now. How have those reproductions been working out? I have a few options for my '67 as well. Might end up needing a nice black repro
I run the 3 spoke in pretty much everything, its a habit I picked up from my grandpa as he has run that wheel in pretty much every car/truck since they were new.

I looked at a couple of the repop 67/68 wheels at a swap meet when I was building my 68, they just looked off from the original my truck had (which I sold). They felt sturdy on just the table test from the booth, but no clue how they are actually mounted. My OE wheel was cracked at every spoke and also around where the horn button was. It had led a hard life.

C10 Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=833278

The "Others"
1933 Ford Pickup (Camaro in disguise)
2017 Camaro SS

Life long Chevy guy
CAMAROBOY68SS is online now   Reply With Quote