View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 03:55 PM   #68
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: Palf's 1981 GMC

Saturday the Jimmy and I made trip to Baton Rouge again. It wasn't too bad, The weather stayed mostly dry on the way there. Luckily on the way back it did not rain at all because the truck died on me at a rest stop. It acted like battery went dead and wouldn't jump. After a few tries with jumps and all, a young kid came by and offered to give me a jump. Even though it had failed several times already, we tried again. Same thing. When The kid was pulling off the jumpers, he noticed something I had missed.

Yep, The ground cable had vibrated loose and came disconnected from the block. Thank the Lord for the extra eyes to see what I overlooked. Bolted it up and on the way again. Just about an hour in hot sweaty (but no rain luckily) weather. Once I got home, I undid the bolt with booger-ed threads and replaced it with one that is good. Some lock-tight and double nutted it to the bracket. Let's see it come off now (I hope it doen't take that as a challenge)

Yesterday and today while waiting for our Tropical storm, I did some electrical. I had a HD Relay/Headlight harness in the stash from the days of my 70. So I worked it into the 81's stsyem and now the cruddy/corroded factory headlight sockets are gone. Things look like the work very well now. My front park-lights/turn signals were also very cracked, faded and crumbling, so I put on some new ones. They are aftermarket customs. They look way better than what I had. Hopefully they will hold up a good while before they fade on out.

When I was digging in the stash for the headlight harness, I also noticed my air horns, so since the one remaining original horn barely bleeped, I hooked up the new horns. Way better. You will now hear me!

Glad I dug thru and found all this old stuff (some of it is10-12 years since I bought it..
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote