View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 08:31 PM   #71
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: Palf's 1981 GMC

Had a great time at Cruisin' the Coast. Put on about 600 miles during the week. Only issues I had was the power steering belt broke. Soon as I found one, it was back going again. I was surprised how cool the engine radiator and all were, especially since we were in the mid 90's and high humidity all week. Truck is a blast to drive. I did an autocross in it and needless to say, 6 popper, 250 CID, T350, 2.73 rear gear and 31x10.50 tires do not make a good combination. I stunk as far as I was concerned. Not sure what a good time was but I was at 87.1 secs. I believe old guys in walkers were faster.

I have been acquiring parts for it. Besides a better and working gauge cluster, I picked these up this week. Offenhauser 4bbl manifold and a Holley economaster 450 cfm (L-7455) carb. Carb was free from a friend, so after a rebuild if I don't like it I'll probably get an Edelbrock 500CFM.

Still have a few more things to gther up before I do the head swap and upgrades, but I am getting there.

Pretty much till November I will not do anything but drive it. Got one mre big event I want to have it together for in 2 weeks,
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote