View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 08:31 AM   #9
Slemmy

Re: Brake Light and Turn Signal Diagnostics

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
I spent a while trying to track down why my truck didn't have brake lights or running lights, but the blinkers worked just fine at the time. Took me almost six months due to high school and baseball, but once I did, I wished I had looked there to begin with. I ended up replacing the rear light harness that goes from the frame to the lights, but that still didn't fix my issue. Turns out it was the fuse block inside the cab. One day, my dad was messing with the back side of the fuse block and wiggling stuff around and sure enough everything started working. The contact points had gotten very rusty. It ended up making my wipers not work at all either. I bought a original style fuse block from Brother's, but the company who makes it is M&H Electrical Fabricators Inc.

http://www.wiringharness.com/

Hope that kinda long explanation helps
Hmmm. I hadn’t even thought to check there. I only checked the fuses. There is a long laundry list of culprits for this kind of thing. Glad to get feedback I hadn’t thought of from 2 people. I’ll check here also. Thanks for the link! I’m afraid that while I’m there I may buy a whole new wiring harness. Haha!

"Annie" - '69 Chevy C10 396
"Louise" - '65 Chevy C10 6 Banger
"Victoria" - '65 Mustang Notchback
"Haley" - '62 Mercury Comet S-22
Slemmy is offline   Reply With Quote