View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 09:18 AM   #9
OSE_NERO

Re: Wheels, Tires and Engine Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvNLife View Post
The 20x12's are actually 13" wide, edge to edge. They have a 2" offset. If you use them on the rear, I believe they're going to rub like mad. On the front, it would be even worse, give that the front track is wider than the rear.

Test fit them without a tire, so they can be returned if need be.

Just my .02...
I took a wheel in to test fit without a tire and it seemed perfect on the rear. Only stuck out about 3/4". We lifted the truck by the diff instead of the frame, so it stayed about where it would on the ground. It'll clear fine. The only thing that I've been told by the guy that does collision/refinishing out of my grandpa's rent house is that he thinks the runner boards may rub. We'll just have to see when I get the whole set.

Now my biggest issue is that the wheel studs aren't long enough and a couple on the wheel we tried it on were a pain to get on and off. So now I need new, longer lug studs, spacers, or to find lug nuts that apparently are more tapered to grab thread deeper in the lug holes on the wheels (what the guys at the tire shop said). I may just save up and get new brakes done at the same time because I wanted to convert the drums to discs anyways.

Last edited by OSE_NERO; 01-01-2018 at 04:39 AM.
OSE_NERO is offline   Reply With Quote