Thread: 47-55.1 eBay steering column
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 08:34 PM   #7
joedoh

Re: eBay steering column

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livemeyer View Post
Fine statement, but what's cheap?
if you are looking at the lowest price you have found, you are being cheap.

Quote:
How do I know if this is or isn't a good product?
the lowest price is never the best product, only the lowest price, almost without exception. by that measure the highest price does not mean the best product, especially from the same manufacturer. manufacturers usually sell 3 products that are exactly the same except for incremental options as good better best. been at the parts store lately? i have these pads for 20 or the lifetime warranty pads for 30 or the ultra deluxe for 40. pads 1 and 2 are the same pads. pads 3 is likely a small upgrade in the same mold, ceramic, or sintered. what do you do? you dont buy the house brand, you buy the name. raybestos, brembo, because even though it might cost 50 you know the reputation. chances are you are comparing the price of your china column to flaming river or ididit. you should look at either of those before the china columns.

Quote:
And would it be better than relying on something from a bone yard?
a GM column was designed by a team of engineers with million dollar budgets. it was designed to be serviced easily with commonly available parts and have a useful life at least 2.5 times the expected life of the shell. I would buy a GM column and use it as is over any chinese column. just food for thought.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote