View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 11:36 AM   #369
Slick67
Sofa King Crazy!!

Re: 1967 C10 Custom Big Window

Here's the update I have been wanting to post, fuel cell filler hose install. The placement has been though out and it looks like it will be a simple install, then again nothing is simple when you actually do it. For you long bed guys I got a measurement for the Summit Fuel Cell and you won't have to buy a flange for the cell. Here ya go.
I pulled the bung out of the fuel cell and had a local muffler shop weld in a 2.25 pipe inside it.
Name:  flange.jpg
Views: 3651
Size:  25.6 KB
The measurement from the back of the bed floor to the center of the fuel cell filler neck was 26.25 and in the center of the bed. The x-member will have to be cut about 7 inches to allow for the 45 degree bend in the pipe to clear the sending unit. There is approximately 7.5 inches between the x-members under the bed so that worked out perfectly to run the pipe to the side of the bed.
Name:  fuelfiller2.jpg
Views: 2695
Size:  17.6 KB
The pipe was left a little long on purpose, 32 inches from end to end. I have options on how to run it through the bed floor to the filler neck now, I can either have the pipe bent at a 90 straight up or use a peice of 90 degree fuel hose from the filler neck to the pipe. And yes this will all be under the bed.
Name:  fuelfiller1.jpg
Views: 3143
Size:  25.6 KB
Summit, Jeg's, Speedway, Competition Sales all have fuel filler necks that will work for my application. I will be using a 45 degree neck so that it makes it easier to fill. Since there are already 2 bends in the filler hose and 1 bend in the pipe, my only concern is fuel kickback so I am choosing not to make another 90 in it to get it closer to the rear of the bed (unless someone tells me otherwise). The 45 bend in the filler neck should be sufficient to get it close to the rear.
Name:  fuelfiller3.jpg
Views: 2765
Size:  24.1 KB
The big brown truck came by bearing gifts. I was really happy with the quality of these mouldings, plus they were made by MAR-K in OK City, USA. They are on sale right now, and that made them cheaper than the competition can sale and ship their imported, foreign made mouldings!! And check out the packaging!
Name:  trim1.jpg
Views: 2731
Size:  24.6 KB

My Blazer Build (New) - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=654650

My 67 Build - http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=335650

67 Chevy LWB big window a/c AKA TOTALLED BY A JACKASS.
1972 2wd Blazer "Porterbuilt and Sloshed"
Slick67 is offline   Reply With Quote