View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 06:33 AM   #160
dug224

Re: 55 TF Stretched Cab/Fleetside/LSx/Trailblazer Frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
hey ricott
good to see you back on the project. the truck looks great. hopefully you can figure out the turning thing without raising the truck body because that height really suits the look. different offset wheels maybe?
I am doing a 57 gmc onto an envoy all wheel drive chassis. an xuv I got as a write off. once I get the extended cab section finished, so I can move the cab without fear of a twisted distorted mess, I will be up against the same perils. just wondering, are you planning on a reskin of the doors? the body line tapers front to rear so how do you plan on making that right? reskin seems like the only way to me, but then I need to get out more, ha ha. with the metal skills I have seen on the goat it looks like you could just fab a whole new door, in an afternoon, between games...
I opted to use the stock door and add behind the seat room. that longer door opening definitely looks cool though. I am already committed (or should be), so I will continue on with mine. dug tells me to start a build thread but I will have to snag the paperboy or a preschooler to help me figure that out. I tried but my work seemed to go into oblivion. I will have to take another look at it I guess.
today, working on a high mount brake light mount in the roof panel. we'll see how that turns out. I can always weld it closed again. ha ha
dennis
Dennis...as Ricky has said, if there aren't pictures, it didn't happen! I need to come up there and help you start the build thread so we can see the progress!!! We need more high quality entertainment. Dug
dug224 is offline   Reply With Quote