View Single Post
Old 01-29-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
jorgensensc

Re: Any Interest In Fold/Flip Rear Seat Kits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by capev86 View Post
yes, sounds interesting

but i would just look into using the 60/40 seat from a 73-91 burb and have an upholstery shop rework a correct year seat cover to fit. only big issues would be the shape of the floor is different and you'd need to put some. sort of plate behind the side panels to support the bracket for the backrest. maybe you could look into this and make us a kit?
Thanks for all of the feedback guys.
I looked at using those seats. The problem comes in at a couple of spots. I like original style seat covers. To use the 60/40 split means having to have custom seat covers made and upholstered. That can really cost alot. And if your like me and have seats that have nice seat covers (new) already, then it would be cheaper to figure out a way to use the existing seats. Also, the 60/40 seats end up folding flat, leaving no where for the third row to go. The only real
difficulty has been figuring out how to make the seatback fold flat, although I think I have it figured out now. The piano hinges on the 60/40 won't work because the seat cushions are thick. I'm currently trying to work on incorporating a latch for the seatback. I'm trying to incorporate it into the brackets as one unit, making it easier to install. I'll let you know when I get it all done up.
Shawn
Posted via Mobile Device

-What would you attempt to achieve if you knew you could not fail?-

-I Refuse To Tiptoe Through Life, Only To Arrive Safely At Death's Door-

R.I.P. EAST SIDE LOW LIFE
jorgensensc is offline   Reply With Quote