View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 11:31 PM   #103
scoyote

Holiday Progress

Had a few extra days to work on things.....so I started on the interior kit.

I bought a replacement carpet kit from LMC and I'm pretty satisfied with the fit and quality.....surprised actually.

I also bought the sound deadening kits and the heat shield kits from LMC.

First I cut some 1-1/2" strips to fill in the divots in the bed to try to make it smoother when the carpet is done.

That was painful....had to use scissors because I couldn't cut it with a razor knife....and I tried hard.

Next is to glue them down without gluing myself down in the process and that's a lot harder than it sounds ;-)

After I got the strips glued down I put the 3/8" sound proofing/heat shield on top of it and taped the seams with duct tape.

I already had the side panels cut so all I had to do was cut out for the speaker (I will be adding courtesy lights as soon as I find some I like). I plan to put 1/2" foam and some black vinyl on the sides and the tailgate and maybe add some buttons or seams to break it up a little.

Adding an access door in the passenger rear (no room on fuel side) that I can put some fluids and jumper cables in, spare serpentine belt...stuff like that.

Installed the roll bar completed all the speaker/courtesy light wiring and next it goes to a buddy of mine that owns an upholstery shop so he can "professionally" complete the carpet install and side panels.

I messed with the carpet but without a stretcher and the right tools....it's not gonna look right and I want it looking good.....so it goes to a professional for the fit and trim.

That will take care of the interior for the most part.....finally!!

Well, sorta.....

I still need to get it to Softopper in Boulder to get my soft top installed....so that is gonna be next on the list.

After that I'm pretty much down to the front and rear bumpers......and then it's just wait for good weather!!!
Attached Images

1991 F250 - Hunting truck w/ Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front and rear winches .... and more....
1997 Grand Cherokee - fun jeep - Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front winch, 411 gears, lots of lights ;-)
2004 Hot Rod DuraMax - Dnyo'd at the wheels with 525 HP and 1100 lbs torque.....mustang killer.

Last edited by scoyote; 12-27-2009 at 11:35 PM.
scoyote is offline   Reply With Quote