View Single Post
Old 10-10-2023, 07:03 AM   #51
jasinger01

Re: 1969 GMC.. right off the farm

I bought new guts for the doors, for anything that wasn't salvageable. Was getting ready to put the doors together and lay down some sound deadening in the cab and realized that it really didn't make sense to proceed with the interior metal in it's current state. The interior had a really badly prepped/sprayed red color with tons of texture and visible runs.

I am by no means building anything over 'driver' quality, but I was not happy with the inside runs, chips, and mostly the fact that it is red. i do not know what I will end up painting the exterior one day, but red is not my favorite, and the whole exterior of the truck will need something as the only metal I am keeping is the cab.

I started sanding down the interior over the last few weeks to get it ready for primer. I know I had just installed my windshield, wish i didn't do that, but it was only a little extra work to mask it all off. I am going with an all black interior, eventually would like a saddle leather bench seat. I'm just finished up all my sanding and scuffing, now working through the stages of priming.

The plan is to aerosol the inside because the dash and the inner roof are the only 'large' areas. I think I can get it looking pretty good. Have been testing out some various 'matte blacks' and will use the Spraymax 2K clear matte once I am done painting.
Attached Images

jasinger01 is offline   Reply With Quote