View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 09:55 AM   #207
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

Last weekend they tackled the brake pedal. I reused the original 47 pedals for the clutch and the brake mainly because it's one more thing I did not have to buy or build. I was not sure if that front down bar for the chassis brace was going to be in the way or not but I got lucky and it lined up exactly where it needed to be. Not sure how that worked out but I'll take it. I reused the original pivot shaft from the 47 pedal assembly. Using some more leftover brackets, a couple c clamps in a jack , I was able to have the brake pedal where I wanted without actually being attached to anything. Looked at it for about an hour checking if I needed to go back up or down and then notched the top half of the tube so that the pivot shaft would fit. Couple slight adjustments and I had both the clutch and the brake pedal going through full travel without rubbing on the floor, and the brake pedal also clears the engine by about a quarter inch. I might clearance just a little bit off the end of the brake pedal to give me a little more room when I have it out but I think that should be enough clearance.
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote