View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 10:44 AM   #43
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

It's been a couple weeks since I had any progress. I've been working on the house. The roofing contractor finally got started and I finished getting my new windows installed. Didn't do much on this over the weekend but I did get the broken bolt drilled out of the head finally. The drill bits I had weren't getting the job done, so I did a little research and found good info on cobalt drill bits. I picked one up to try out and it worked great. So good I'm going to get a whole set of those bad boys.

I drilled it out and tapped it to the size of a sbc header bolt, since I had one laying around and it's slightly bigger than the original bolts for this engine.

I've been looking for a set of 2000 and up truck/SUV seats with the seat belt built into it to use in the front. If I get a nice set of tan ones I'll leave them as is. If not, I'll maybe get seat covers. Something like these...

I've got to order some more parts, but in the mean time I'll work on the fuel system and getting the new tranny mount installed. The old one won't tighten up, the bolt just spins in the mount.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote