View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 01:15 AM   #92
Ford Assassin

Re: 1973-1991 Dual fuel tank systems theory of operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
The terminals in your relay are open to the weather for corrosion to get into the wires, terminals, and the relay itself. A setup like that will likely last a few years before the corrosion sets in. I've run that exact relay socket type in the engine compartment and it lasted about three years before the green puss ate it up.

The GM fuel pump relay is a sealed unit with a sealed Metripak plug. The terminals are not likely corroded after 30+ years in service.
And you can tie it in with one wire directly from the LS PCM.

Your choice.
I am sure you are correct, especially with New Hampshire Winters. Sunny California Winters are much milder (the only benefit to this state, I might add). However your point is well taken.

So I guess there is no need for the relay on the stand alone harness, just the fuel pump signal wire connected to the green w/white wire going into the stock TBI fuel pump relay on the firewall. Correct?

-K5 Blazer 2wd: 6.0 LQ4, 7875 Turbo, Tick Stage II Turbo Cam, Built 4L80e, RevMax Billet 3600, 9.5" 14 Bolt
-Chevy 3+3 Crew Cab Dually: Cummins 12v P-Pump Swap, Compound Turbos, A2W Intercooler, NV4500HD, 4wd conversion, Radius Arms, Coilovers, Crossover Steering, etc
Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=803608
Ford Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote