View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 06:07 PM   #98
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

I started it up yesterday and drove it up and down the driveway. I put the bench seat back in (not bolted down) because the old bucket seat was flopping around. No problem starting after sitting all winter. Still need to wire up the radiator fans.

The past few weeks I have been working on doors. Like I said last update, not happy with the front doors I had. They are an aftermarket one, no rust but just off a bit. So I dug out another pair I had in the parts stash and looked them over good. The driver side one is great, the passenger side had a dent across the bottom right above the pinch weld. I tried pushing it out but it wasn't cooperating. I used a patch on just the lower outside skin. The inside was great. I just need to change them over to manual windows from power. I like the idea of power windows but not the wiring lol. I really have no problem cranking a window once in a while. The driver side rear door was surprisingly good. Minimal rust in one corner. Took me about half an hour to clean up, tiny bit of weld, grind it smooth and spray it.

The driver side rockers on the other hand are not good. The rear one isn't real bad, just a couple small patches I think is all it needs. The front one is trashed. I need to pick up a new inner rocker as well. I got as far as cutting them up and stopped for the day. I might have to do the front cab support on this side also. I haven't dug into yet. I did get new cab mount bushings though. Fix the rust, replace the bushings and then get the doors to fit.

Time to post some pics...

The last one is the new husky, Crazy Ivan. We were going to the vet to get his shots and chip inserted.
Attached Images

hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote