View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #26
blue1969camaro

Re: '80 C10 drag truck project

Ok here are some pics of the ladder bars tacked in place. Tomorrow I will clean up the frame where I put in an 1/8" plate to add surface area to the end of the cross member then I will weld the plate in. After I double and triple check my suspension travel and all the brackets for square, I will take my time and weld all the brackets so that nothing gets warped. Then I can bring in the rear section of the frame I cut off the other day and level everything up and start on my C-notch. I guess i should budget in some time to get my DD 1500 back up and running so I can drive home Fri, I'm hoping all I need to do is change the plugs and wires to get rid of a stupid sputter and also finish putting the exhaust manifold gaskets on.

I ordered my axles and strange center section with spool and 4.11 gears yesterday... Ouch! But I know I won't have to mess with the rearend when I can put a real motor in it!
I'll try to update before I leave Fri but that will be the last one for over a month because I don't have internet at home. If not Happy Holidays everyone.
blue1969camaro is offline   Reply With Quote