View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 10:02 AM   #118
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: Hard Starting Hot

I finally took the time to replace under the cab/bed rubber fuel lines. I have three: main fuel, return, and vent. When I took off the rubber main fuel line, well it came apart in like 3~4 bits - it disintegrated as soon as I pulled on it. The other two were in much better shape but that is not really saying much. I also replaced the main rubber fuel line on the top of the tank. While the main rubber line wasn't disintegrating, I could tell it was collapsing in the middle.

I even ended up replacing the main rubber fuel line to the fuel pump, as the writing said "Not for Fuel ...." so I freaked the F'out! But once I got the new main rubber fuel line installed and looked at the one I had put on a month or so back, the rest of the message would have been "... for injector"! Might as well be overly cautious when it comes to your gas lines.

Will any of this help my starting issues, don't know / don't care. It needed to be done and was WAY overdue by like 10+ years. If my truck catches on fire because a busted rubber fuel line, who cares if I had a hard time starting ;-)

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote