View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 02:39 AM   #2
ShortHaul

Re: "Sweet Pea" 1975 Cheyenne 20

Where it all began...
Untitled by awesome_adawson, on Flickr
Hello Squarebody Friends! I’ve officially joined your ranks with the purchase of Sweet Pea, our 1975 Chevrolet Cheyenne 20. She was born in Flint Michigan, sold on Sept 20 1975 by Brooks Biddle Chevrolet in Bothell, WA to a Mr. Posey of Port Orchard WA. She lived in Port Orchard until earlier this year where she made a quick pit stop in Tacoma. After making the purchase I drove her home to sunny northern CA by way of the coastal HWY 101. Took ownership with a scant 77,163 miles on her, and clicked over 78,000 as I hit the driveway at home.

She is mostly stock, minus the late model Chevy wheels (original 16.5”s included) , an unknown chevy steering wheel (original included) a hefty spray-in bedliner and a neat center console job put in by her long time owner. Wearing what is believed to be her original and only coat of 41 Spring Green with 12 White 2 Tone, she shines quite nicely in the sun! 350/400 and a 14 bolt are the running gear, not sure on the rear end ratio but she goes 70 on the highway without complaint. Acres of green interior, and beautiful dash and gauge cluster and a crisp am/fm radio (hooked up to janky house speakers behind the seat!) provide the creature comforts. Heater/defrost work like a charm, tilt wheel, wipers/lights etc all functioning properly. I was pumped to open up the glovebox and not only find the SPID intact, but the original owners manual, warrantee card and dealer maintenance sheets. This truck is definitely one that has been preserved.

My plans for her include:
-16”x8” steelies from wheel vintiques, powder coated white. Original hubcaps. All terrain tires, 265/75/16 or 285/75/16.
-LED lighting upgrades, tails, reverse, cargo, dome, gauge cluster.
-Speakers, want to keep the am/fm but perhaps add a Bluetooth receiver.
-Recover the seat.

Side shot
Sweet Pea 9 by awesome_adawson, on Flickr

Interior
Sweet Pea 18 by awesome_adawson, on Flickr
SPID
Dealer Info
Under the hood
Sweat Pea 20 by awesome_adawson, on Flickr

So I found this truck on CL, and made a deal with the seller. I flew up to Seattle the next day and made the purchase. I took lots of fun pictures during my 3 day journey back home, and I’ll leave them here for you to check out.
5 minutes after I bought her, had to pull over to take a pic!
The first night I headed south to Portland, then west out to Tillamook where I got some much needed rest for the night. Next morning I was up and on the road early, headed south on 101.
Didn’t make it far before I had to stop and take a few pics!
Just outside Beaver, OR, I found this great little roadside antique/ automobilia shop, complete with cabin rentals, should you need a place to stay!
Up the road a few I stopped, for some Firearms, Groceries… and Beaver?
Made yet another pit stop in Cloverdale, OR, where I found this amazing lid. Couldn’t pass it up!
Once properly attired, I hit the road again.
Pulled off for a walk on the beach just south of Lincoln City
Found this awesome folding camp chair/lounger combo at an antique shop. Had to have it! Screams 1975 for sure!
Had lunch at a Pizza joint that had this KILLER bench! They woudn’t sell it to me.

Spotted this outside a wrecking yard somewhere north of the Oregon Dunes

Got hassled by some locals so I kept on pushing south
Stopped to check the surf…
Put up in Brookings for the night. Woke to heavy rain and pushed on through. It dumped like crazy from Brookings all the way home, but Sweet Pea had no trouble, being a PNW gal she’s no stranger to the wet weather.
Just outside of Legget, CA I had to stop at the great drive thru tree.

After 3 days of travel, nearly 900 miles of driving, rainstorms, landslide closed sections of hwy 101, sketchy detours through the backroads of Western Oregon, about 15 different antique shops, and countless smiles, Sweet Pea and I arrived home… Thanks for following along folks, I’ll report back often on the status…

-Cheers
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...49#post8769049
”Otis” 1970 C10 SWB -SOLD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=762766
”Chebby” 1962 Impala LS/TKO-500
http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/1...2-Impala-Build

Last edited by ShortHaul; 09-22-2019 at 02:44 AM.
ShortHaul is offline   Reply With Quote