View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 07:08 PM   #29
Overdriven

Re: Is the LS Right for my Project?

Speaking of turbo LS in heavy vehicles, go to YouTube and search “turbo LS Winnebago”. A channel called Fuelinjectionsucks built one with a 6.0L, 4l80e and GT45 clone turbo. The GT45 normally doesn’t spool up very fast but in this heavy vehicle it spools much faster because turbos like load on them. On the highway it seems like the turbo is always right there without much lag if any. I don’t know what kind of rpms or speeds they’re doing but you can get a pretty good idea. In the review Regularcars did on their YouTube channel the owner claimed 10-12mpg on the highway. They also use Methanol injection as supplemental fuel and probably also for cooling the intake charge to help on long grades as it is in boost when climbing grades. The owner mentions long grades being a concern and limits boost to about 10lbs, so far this guinea pig has survived...

I’m not advocating for LS turbo here just providing a similar project someone has done because it was mentioned. I would advocate for 6.0 4l80e nonturbo though.