View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 08:46 PM   #2

Re: window regulator for a 1969

Personally if those are the choices...gmc Paul. They care more about us. Also, if u have a question, they have the people to answer it better. As for the regulator, they aren’t bad after u have taken 1 out a time or 2. Roll the window down about 1/2 way. U should b able to c the channel on the bottom of the glass at this point. There is a brace at the back, running at an angle for the back of the glass. There are 2 screws holding it . U will need to help him at this point. It’s easier if u have a third hand. (Lol) if he’s gonna go it alone, have him use duct tape to hold the window at the 1/2 way mark then take the brace off. Take a minute, with a light and look at the window channel. U will find that there is a place along the channel that is cut out. If u can’t see it, use your finger to feel for it. That is where the rollers on the regulator go on. By removing the brace, u will b able to slide the window back and tilt it up to get the rollers off the channel. The front roller is the hardest cause it’s up n the door and u just can’t see it as well like the back roller. The regulator it’s self is just held on by a couple of screws at the handle. U can use a small screwdriver to get the clip off of the handle (They are called the “Jesus clip”. Let 1 fly off and u will know why the name fits) when u go to put the new 1 on, put the front roller n and slide it up this way u have the hardest 1 on without having to feel for the cut out. U can also mark the spots with blue masking tape or put a mark on the channel to help u know how far u are away from the cut out. I found this to b an easier way when I changed mine out. The brace I just left far to the bottom of the door. It’s outa the way and it’s not a big deal to get back n place once u get the new regulator back on. The felt just sits n the brace and u can push it back n place with your hand and a small screw driver if needed. I just used my thumb and it went right back n without a fuss. I’m sure there are a few you tube videos on this and it may help u understand it better before u start. For me the first 1 was the hardest. I took my time to see how it all worked. On the other side it went quick because I had the trial and error behind me .
3767 is offline   Reply With Quote