View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 08:55 PM   #107
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: Rodstored-72's 1986 DD build

Well, I took a few days to revel in my recent accomplishments… well enough of that!!... and now to the next hill that needs to be climbed! Which is the pass rear shock “issue”… I surveyed the damage & with the help of a friend we formulated a plan of attack. We ended up cutting some same gauge plate metal & then bent it to match the damaged area that we cut out. My welding skills are very amateur so I left the welding in the patch to my friend. It doesn’t look pretty but there was definite penetration. I let it cool overnight… actually by the time we finished it was past both our bedtimes!... so, the next morning I started grinding the welds & in a few spots I re-welded to fill a few holes or dips. After that I finished it off with the air grinder & sanding disk. I cleaned another portion of the frame and then por-15 it. I painted enough so that I could install the belltech lowering spring supports onto the frame. Overall, I am happy with the finish product. It is not SEMA show worthy, but for a soon to be daily driver I think it will work!
Attached Images

rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote