View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 01:24 PM   #11
Sebambam

Re: Newbie : 69'C10 LWB to Buick 455/Th400

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKDTN View Post
Looks like you are making progress. Neat truck. I would either put the Buick in it or an EFI LS. The LS engines were never meant to be carbed. It is such a flat design that you end up puddling fuel in some circumstances. It's cheap enough to put them on with computers and you can control electronic transmissions too. If you want a carb either use the Buick or put a (dare-I say-yawn?) 350 in it. My .02
Thanks I absolutely get your point.
I am a friend d of USE WHAT YOU HAVE and I have a LS Carb top end incl. Control sitting on my shelf.
But yes the true advantage of the LS is the EFI. I have the whole truck top end here as well.
If I go EFI then holleys terminator X is the go to option.
But now we talking additional $$$ that I dont have to spend when using the BUICK.
So I think BBB is the 1st choice.
Especially after I sourced a custom AC bracket that adopts a Sanden 508 compressor to the engine. = I can use a vintage air system.( cant do without AC in Tx)

Also I purchased the 455 a while ago running incl. Th400 out of a BBody.
I can reuse motor/trans/converter etc without any adapters etc needed. That makes life easier.
+ I assume I have stock 3.08 gears in the rearend. So the torque of the 455 should get even this gears going well.
Sebambam is offline   Reply With Quote