View Single Post
Old 10-13-2021, 04:11 PM   #21
Caddylackn

Re: Newbie : 69'C10 LWB to Buick 455/Th400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebambam View Post
Great feedback:
i have rebuild the Qjet already with a nice performance kit of Quadrajet performance with bigger jets
I have a brand new HEI Ignition system
And it has a new return style mech. Fuelpump.

I have the hump already and i dont mind putting it in since the original low hump has a hole cut in it where they stabbed the 3 Speed stick through before.

I have no headers , the BBC headers do not fit at all, the Buick stock manifolds flow not much worst than Buick shorties. unless there is proven cases where so considered
69-72 A- body headers fit in a C10 i have not much of a choice for headers.

I will look into the Kickdown switch once i get to that
You are off to a good start.

Remember to remove the original resistor coil wire (pink) and replace it to hook up the HEI so you have the full 12 volts to the coil. You have options on the kickdown. Later models of our trucks used a kickdown switch by the gas pedal. The earlier models used the kickdown mounted on the intake triggered by the carb. Both work good. There are aftermarket ones (Lokar, B&M ) that would work. If you install a floor shifter, I like the idea of putting the kickdown switch as a button near or on the handle of the shifter. Although, if you have a good floor shifter it is just as easy to manually shift it into second as hit the button.

You may be able to just cleanup the inside casting flash on the stock exhaust manifolds with a carbide bit on a die grinder.