View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 07:36 PM   #103
royo

Re: SD control arms released

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollaBill View Post
jason has sent more info. to me on the kit to answer my question. i figure i post it so it can help other guys with the same questions.

Ill have some pics of the kit installed in our test vehicle in a couple weeks when i get back from vacation. ill also get you my personal opinion on how it handles etc cause im gonna hammer the total hell out of it. we did just have the front aligned to chevy truck spec, then re-aligned close to corvette spec. the alignment went great! basically the kit keeps the factory geometry but everything is raised and brought in so you can lay frame on a 29.3 tire if you wish. just so you know, the track width is narrowed 2.25" total.

ill post more info when i can. just wait til you see our 1.25" o.d. swaybar kit we put together for this truck. its a perfect combination when using our control arms.

this thing is going to handle great! if you got any more questions hit me up man. i get back from vacation on october 12th i think. ill be able to focus more when i get back. id rather be at work.

jason

really appreciate your interest in our version of the crossmember, but be assured that all proper testing with various air pressures will be performed before we ship any of these kits. if you were to purchase one i promise you that you will not be disappointed. i offer a 100% lifetime warranty on every piece and if you were not satisfied for some reason i stand behind it with a 100% money back guarantee.

our control arms are built from factory gm geometry with changes made in the ball joint angle to allow you to lay out on 22's. we use only power performance ball joints which are much stronger than your average moog ball joint.

our crossmember kit is built alot different than porters. although seeing his inspired us to manufacture one of our own. we build ours out 1/4" thick laser cut sheet vs his 3/16" material. we also use far less pieces to assemble the unit. just for example, if you look at the top plate on both units, you will see that ours is one piece that was press brake formed, and his is welded out of several pieces like a puzzle. im not saying that his is inferior by any means, its just an example of manufacturing techniques. if you feel more comfortable running his product because he has offered this item for a couple of years and has great feedback, i say go for it. you wont be disappointed. he offers an outstanding crossmember and i have lots of respect for him. he builds some good stuff.

we will be offering everything listed below during october for $700.00. it will jump to $999.00 after that. we are doing an introductory special.

$700.00 gets you......
1. main crossmember
2. upper bag & control arm mounts
3. inner frame structure brackets
4. rack & pinion frame notches
5. transmission crossmember
6. 350 engine mounts
7. stainless tie rod adjusting sleeves
8. chromoly/teflon 3/4" x 5/8" heims for the spindles
9. all grade 8 mounting hardware

$1500.00 gets you......
1. everything listed above
2. upper and lower control arms
3. upper frame shock mounts
4. monroe shocks

let me know if i can be of any further assistance.

jason
ok did i miss something will the wheel/tire be centered in the fender opening