Thread: HRSaR
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #13
McMurphy

Re: HRSaR

Ok, so I am not usually one to fall in for the impulse purchases at the cash register... you know, the bubble gum and candy and condoms stuff.
So when I was at one of the parts stores, waiting for them to fill a request for parts, I happened to look at the rack of electrical odds and ends next to me, and I spied a red dot illuminated plunger switch and I thought "Oh that would be so cool for the 4way flashers for the TowTruck !!

Here you can see on the extreme right I am holding the light switch that the OO had used to rig up his 4way flashers and which I had gotten the new plunger switch to replace. On the extreme left you can see the OO homemade bracket with the On/Off switches for the Emergency Services Strobe Light and the Boom mounted flood lights.
Name:  04sep13 Saftey Lights bracket (2).jpg
Views: 2606
Size:  50.4 KB

I decided since I had already removed the CB Radio mount, that I would make a bracket that would utilize the existing holes but would also accomodate all my Emergency Services Lights.
Name:  04sep13 Saftey Lights bracket (3).jpg
Views: 2282
Size:  28.1 KB

So here it is completed and mounted:
Name:  04sep13 Saftey Lights bracket (5).jpg
Views: 2276
Size:  48.4 KB
Name:  04sep13 Safety Lights bracket (4).jpg
Views: 2283
Size:  34.8 KB

I regret that it isnt as retro or period correct as I would normally like for the intent of this build, but I thought it would be better than a house light switch.....

What do you think?

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote