View Single Post
Old 04-30-2022, 10:06 PM   #2
mr48chev

Re: AD Series, LS Swap, Original Suspension

I don't think you will see many. a lot of guys especially the younger ones have the misguided concept that you can't drive an I beam axle truck over 55 or the world will end. Personal experience says you can cruise at 80 with one all day long if you have the drivetrain to do it with, Been there done that when I had the 283 in it. That's on long flat Texas roads and not the wiggly roads.

Steering box and left exhaust on #7 is still most likely be the big fight. The steering box normally gets in the way of most V8 engines in that area.

Second and a real issue is that when you remove the crossmember under the bellhousing you have to reinforce the frame The weight of the cab will push down on the outrigger brackets and twist the rails until the cab settles to the frame, That and I'd have to say removing that crossmember and not reinforcing the frame is what causes a lot of guys to think the frames won't handle a lot of power. An LS weighs about 460 so weight isn't an issue A 235 weighs about 450 according to the net.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote