View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 10:02 PM   #31
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: Rodstored-72's 1986 DD build

Wwhheewww!! It’s been awhile!! Well I have been busy, just too lazy to update until now. I did a little more research & discovered that it is not too uncommon to have to clearance the pass frame rail just a bit for these motor conversions. I took a few measurements & then rechecked them before any cutting. I used a air cut-off wheel & just took my time to follow my linework. After I cut and took a deep sigh of relief I smootghed the edges with a dremel sanding wheel. I then scuffed the area followed by a swipe of wax-grease remover. Once satisfied that it looked good & everything cleared I proceeded to recoat the exposed area with por-15 frame paint to match the previous painted areas. Everything looks good & almost …. ALMOST looks factory… to an old guy with bad eye sight….

in the picture you can also see the last spark plug wire that I shaved to try to clear the header as well.... I decided that I am going to get a couple of boot protectors for this one & one on the other side too.

I forgot to mention that the header flange is "deeper" than the lip of the frame flange - the pic does not show the depth difference.
Attached Images

Last edited by rodstored-72; 01-20-2020 at 10:07 PM.
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote