Thread: 1950? S-10 tdi
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 09:31 PM   #7
lower50's

Re: 1950? S-10 tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65blackfleetside View Post
I had a '98 TDI bug. Absolutely loved that turbo diesel motor! Lots of torque the turbo had a power band that was a blat to drive when it kicked in . I wanted to put that same motor in my jeep scrambler but never got around to it.
You are going to love it. plus you will get 40 +MPG with that motor
Looking forward to it. We have a 2010 Jetta TDI and love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
Right now their are over 500,000+ VW TDIs sitting in lots across the country. One of them used to be mine and wished i could have kept the engine and sold them back just the body. In any case thats a whole bunch of cars that are probably going to be scrapped so engines just might be available(or not). FWIW i got over 55 MPG and went for 2 months on a single tank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
One of those lots is in LaFayette, Ga. It's crazy to look at the acres and acres of nice VW cars and know that they might be scrapped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vintovka View Post
One drawback to consider is when we were sure they were going to buy it back (we had no choice) we stopped all maintenance in last 30K miles. Many others did same. No oil change -nuthin. even ran it dry of def and it still ran. Sure didn't help the engine any. Many stripped whatever they could as all it had to be is a running chassis to qualify for buyback. I really liked that car . 2012 VW Passat SEL TDI with absolutely everything.
Ya we will see what happens. I'm also putting a 03 TDI in my Jeep this winter, bigger injectors and a stage 2 tune.
1967 Jeep CJ5 1.9L TDI 33X13.5X15 Mud Grapplers.
1952 GMC 9700 p/u 7.3L diesel on air, dually
lower50's is offline   Reply With Quote