Thread: 55.2-59 1958 Saab story
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2023, 09:15 PM   #353
gottattooz

Re: 1958 Saab story

Since dad and I are planning to take the 68 jeep trailblazer ss and the panel truck on the hot rod power tour this year, I figured it probably needs functioning wipers. Thankfully, brothers trucks has a life time warranty on the setup. The aluminum tube shot out of the holding bracket and kinked the first time I turned them on with the wiper arms installed. Then the motor developed a dead short and just popped fuses as soon as you turned the switch.

I figured there were probably too many Bends from the motor position to the first wiper arm. So I replaced the first aluminum tube with a length of steel brake line. Then I mounted the wiper motor at the driver's side kick panel. Now the drive cable is almost a straight shot to the first wiper armature with a slight bend along the floor pan and a large 90 degree radius just under the dash cover. I made a bracket out of bed frame rail to secure it to the entry step. It works on low and high speed now and it's not even in the way as your swing your feet in and out of the truck

Josh
Attached Images

2017 Suzuki M109R

Last edited by Rickysnickers; 04-24-2023 at 10:18 AM.
gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote