View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 08:29 AM   #7
Grumpy old man

Re: Heard some bad things about CPP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMiller1050 View Post
Well doing my research since I am about the put disc brakes on all fours for my 1969 Chevy c-10 longbed. I have seen some pretty bad posts about CPP. I was going to go with one of their kits, but now am concerned. Looking for a kit that has all I need to rip of the drums and everything else needed and replace with what is needed to have discs. I do not want to spend money on crap parts....so does anyone have a opinion on CPP's parts compared to POL? What have you all done on the past to upgrade to discs all the way around?

Thank you,
Mike M
Post up a picture of the truck your working on . Have you already rebuilt the suspension ? wheels/tires/ is it already dropped ? What look / style are you going for ? Daily driver ? weekend warrior ? have you already replaced body mounts ? Have you already replaced all new brake lines , Ball joints ,shocks . Or are you installing the big brake kit and when you stomp on the new brakes the body comes off and keeps going ? Plan on hitting the burn out box ? There's a lot to consider / upgrade before tossing a new "big brake kit " under it .

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop

Last edited by Grumpy old man; 03-16-2021 at 08:36 AM.
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote