View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 02:14 AM   #37
chevyguyase

Re: Power brakes with manual transmission

The E brake on the early trucks were built like an old iron bridge. the newer trucks are just cables and a ratcheting pedal. The original brake complicates the sheet metal work on the left front floor and the superstructure under the floors It uses rods and a huge heavy pipe (bell crank) that goes from frame rail to frame rail. When you hit any bumps that big heavy pipe rattles. The same with the Master cyl on the fire wall it is just seems to be a lot easier to put it on the firewall. It's done now and I don't have any complaints now that it is done. Also my thoughts on that filter on the power booster vacuum hose you guys are talking about. If You are running a carb. try to mount it higher than the carb like in one of the pictures above. especially if you're putting the booster under the truck like I have it. I don't think it's good idea to run a hose from your carb straight down to a booster under your truck with out first running it higher than the carb. and then down. enjoy your day.
chevyguyase is offline   Reply With Quote