View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 09:40 AM   #159
Woodnears

Re: Daves new 68 chevy swb

Time to update this and bring this build thread back to life! The truck is a blast to cruise around town, unfortunately it is in pieces yet again in the garage. I didnt like a few things on the air ride management so I tore the truck apart early last spring to move a few things. Around the same time that I got it all apart Accuair announced they were no more..... Obviously this was a problem as I was in the middle of sourcing a new ECU and harness for the air ride system. After scouring the internet for a few months I finally found all the parts I needed to get everything back together. Now that it is above freezing I will be back in the garage. The goal was to set this up to be a little more user friendly when things go wrong. I removed the large accuair tank and went with the 2 accuair 3 gallon tanks set on each side of the frame rails. Once I did this I realized I wasn't totally happy about the way the raised bed structure was layed out. This turned into a giant snowball as usual but I endured and was able to get the bed in a happy place. As a side note I was able to get a decent stainless exhaust built and installed, still have a few mounts that need made up. Its still a work in progress! here are a few pics for reference. I will grab a few more this evening if anyone is interested in seeing them. Going forward the focus will be to get this thing closer to paint, decided on a color change...... Hint, its going to be green!
Attached Images