View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 07:30 PM   #25
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

hi,thanks.this is an awesome truck,i've a bunch of them and never one this nice.i don't know if you saw the thread i started called 1972 Cheyenne Super on it's way home,after i bought in in Utah but couldn't go get it with covid.the story of the truck,how it was in storage for 25 years and almost went to the junk yard and how for a year or so,i was trying to get it home,finally coming by truck all the way.i never did consider at all,the possibility of a crate motor.i am a bit of stock fan but like modified stuff too,building a 39 Chrysler now that is modified from one end to the other,a thread about that in the Alternative Tinkering section.this truck was so original and such a story,i wouldn't consider altering it if i didn't have to.i am fortunate i guess cause i do all this stuff myself other than the machine shop work,if i had to pay someone,it might be a different story or not even have an old car?i have a 67 Impala wagon,i bought 22 years ago,from the original owner in Georgia after it sat for 10 years.i did the same thing with that car,it's absolutely as it left the factory with all it's original powertrain,paint colour,Interior colour,everything but the correct 4 piston caliper disc brakes i added.1967 was the first year for a disc brake option and if the car was ordered with disc's,it would've also come with 15 inch rally wheels which is just how i did it.maybe i cause myself some extra work and money but that's how i do it.take care.Greg
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote