Thread: 47-55.1 Pressure bleeding
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2021, 07:55 PM   #13
72Mountaineer

Re: Pressure bleeding

I'm going to answer these Qs as best as I can. Pedal is spongy. Pedal linkage is free, stops at same place every time and return spring is great (as per dsraven in an other thread). As per Tuff Stuff (brand of MC/booster) theres a valve in the rear outlet, both in-line ones are correct. No coils or "peaks" in fluid lines. Plenty, probably 3/8", play in pedal pushrod to booster, booster to MC is as per mfgr. (about 1/32-1/16"). How would you do q8? (bleed each line separately). I do believe the pushrod is releasing fully, and should be pushing fully into the MC (x-ray vision is down at this time). E-brake seems also good, grabs when it should (not too early or late). When I bought the MC/Booster/Prop I talked to the Tuff Stuff rep and he recommended the correct combo for my setup. It is a Corvette-style MC suited for my disc/drum binders. I talked to the rep about the metering valve and he said it is where it needs to be when bleeding, you can see its position by a rubber-cap covered pin in the front of the prop valve. I've had the proverbial "brake fluid shower" from pumping the Motive tool up to 15 lbs. and have came to a 12 lb. good setting. Yes, hard braking means jamming them at 20MPH. Yes, I did bleed the MC before putting on, as per instructions. All in all, I'm doing the best I can with what I've got (knowledge and tools). I'm 68 years old, have done numerous brake jobs, replaced a few MCs, etc., so I'm not totally devoid of ability. That said, I still ask for help and/or advice, and this board is great for both. I've checked, rechecked, adjusted, etc. and have ran a quart of fluid through each the front and back wheels, and will still keep going/trying until I achieve what I need. Thanks to everyone.
72Mountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote