Thread: 47-55.1 Pressure bleeding
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 02:17 AM   #20
mr48chev

Re: Pressure bleeding

Good point. Are the lines connected to the master cylinder per the instructions that came with the kit.

Then one thing that came to mind while studying your photos on the brake return spring thread. Was that whole setup a matched kit from one vendor or is it something you have mixed and matched from various best deal vendors?

If you reach in from above or up from below with your hand and move the pedal arm how far does it move with just the gentle pull of your fingers before you feel resistance?

If you reach in and push the pedal with your hand with a ruler next to the pedal how far down does it go just with your hand until you feel resistance engine off and engine on?

I've got a stock set of pedals and mount out on my outside work bench and I'll try to remember to masure the length of the arm from the shaft to the hole for the bolt for the push rod in the morning as I think the stock one has a longer arm that gives a longer throw. I might be wrong but the arm on yours looks pretty short. Short arm if everything is perfect means a higher leverage factor though.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote