View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 09:19 PM   #1
jonesmak1972

72 c10 LEDS help with front parking and turn signals

TOO LONG DIDN"T READ : can I delete the entire front market circuit to eliminate it's ground requirement? Can I provide a ground for the front marker circuit by using a relay or is there a way to create a ground when no wire currently exists for it?....

Alright. I have posted here before about a similar problem but it is rearing its head again. I replaced the normal bumper on my 72 c10 with a roll pan and flush mount LED's.

The fairly obvious problem I have run into is that originally both the parking and the turn signal circuits used to ground through the housing in the bumper. As of now there is just an LED Module with a red power wire and a ground. I attached a 3 wire blinker module from CustomLED so that the single wire LED would function with park and turn signal. It also supplies a ground so I thought this would solve my problem but it hasn't.

My observations are as follows:

Lights in the marker position - no side markers (not right)
12v power at turn signal wire (not right)
12v power at front marker wire
both signals on on dash (not right)
Blinkers will blink, side markers don't

Lights in the off position - 0-0.5v at front marker wire
Blinking 12v at signal wire
both side markers blink

It looks to me that when the markers are on they ground out through the turn signals because I shouldn't have constant 12v at the signal wire. I'm to the point where I would gladly delete the front marker circuit all together if that would solve the problem but I'm not sure if this is possible. Does anyone know this?

Also I think if I could somehow use a relay to provide the ground for the front markers this might somehow solve the problem. Does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks for your help
jonesmak1972 is offline   Reply With Quote