View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 10:29 AM   #3
TKCR

Re: 83 C30 Crew Cab Front Seat Frame - Busted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricU View Post
I have an interior kit coming to redo both the front and rear seats on “Project: Big Brown Turd” my 2wd 83 C30 Crew Cab.

My current front seat frame is busted, sheared in two. I can spend a bunch of time reinforcing and welding up the existing frame, but I would rather start with a better frame.

I have a complete set of buckets with console from a Suburban parts rig that I have but I want to keep the bench seat so that doesn’t help me.

So far I can’t find one in any of the forums, ebay or CL.

I have read that an 81-90 Suburban bench seat will bolt in but I can’t find locate one of those either.

• Will an 81-90 two door front bench seat bolt onto my Crew Cab tracks but just have a fold down option to them?

• Any good places to find a replacement front seat frame for a C30 Crew Cab?

Thanks for any help!
First off, can you post a pic of the busted frame? I believe you are talking about the seat bottom frame.
But yes, the Suburban or truck will work. They are the same frame, the only difference is, is how the seat back bolts up to the seat bottom frame. It either tilts or it is stationary. And the Suburban will be stationary, just as a front Crew cab seat. The trucks are tilting, but it can easily be made to be stationary. But again, they are all the same exact frame.
Pic #1, these are the 2 bolts and the location, to make it a stationary seat.
Pic #2 & #3, this is the bolt and the hole location, to make it a tilting seat.
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote