View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
Captkaos
www.73-87chevytrucks.com

Re: One Piece Window Conversion Kit for '67-'72 GM Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob32472;
Guys be real careful with this kit...... unless these have been changed since Ebfabman installed them on project cod fish there are some real issues that need to be addressed...... 1) you will have to grind the hex out of the latch for clearance.... 2) the window will not roll down all the way with out cutting the stop at door bottom. 3) you will have to cut notches in the scrubbers to clear the window mounts. 4) I dont like the fact the scrubbers glue in..... We spent alot of time to get these "right" love the look but this "kit" is not perfected yet...... I spoke with the guy at the opp and relayed all the info from the install and he was surprised he ask "what was the skill level of the guy installing this kit"? My reply "you have no idea how good he is"
How long ago was this? OPP is on revision 5 of these.

1)Page 33 of the fitment/adjustments. Some doors require this.
2)Was this a power window setup, if so, you have to notch the power setup to add the extra "V", I have never cut the bottom stop. E
3)never had this happen, did you verify that they scrapers are flush to the trim when they were installed?
4)Scrapers with clips are coming out and will eliminate the possibility of #3, in addition the video install will show how customers can add clips to the scrapers.
1987 R10 twin turbo LS
1991 R3500 SRW CrewCab
1985 K5 diesel swapped project
1989 K5 2WD conversion w/ Vette susp Project
Captkaos Customs
73-87chevytrucks.com
Captkaos is offline   Reply With Quote