View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 11:32 PM   #82
chevy_man5
GMC's n H.D.'s too!

Re: '60 GMC 4x4 Long Fenderside

Haven’t been updating much. My son and I have been working on it off and on just about every weekend.

We rebuilt the carb and changed the oil. Changing the oil was fun. Hadn’t dealt with a canister style filter before. The filter I bought was the same part number as the on in there, but the gasket that came with the filter was way too small. After spending about 30 minutes scrounging for a gasket that would fit, I finally just got some cut your own gasket material, and cut my own.

When we were cleaning up under the truck, a damn wasp fell out of the truck and landed on my sons arm. When I brushed it off him, the little bugger nailed me in the hand. Unfortunately for me, I am allergic. I popped a bunch of children’s Benadryl, grabbed my epi pen, and hoped for no trip to the hospital. It all turned out OK. I swelled up a bunch, but didn’t stop breathing, so that is an upside!

The next weekend we started cleaning out all the wasps. We filled a walmart bag with nests.

I had been noticing stuff sticking out behind the headlights. We pulled out a huge bird nest.

We also found a mouse nest.

We took a bunch of pictures of the brakes, and the underside of the truck.

Does anyone know where I could get new parking light lenses, and or housings for new hood?

I showed my son how to find TDC. We looked under the dist cap, and it was out of wack, so reset it. We took the fuel pump off, took it apart, cleaned it up, and have it ready to put back on. We got some hardline, to replace the rubber line that was on it.

I sold a 1BBL carb that was in a bucket in the truck, which is what funded my turning blue!!

1960 GMC 4x4 Babe (the Blue Ox) - Build Thread
chevy_man5 is offline   Reply With Quote