View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 06:50 PM   #41
TKCR

Re: Problems buying from gmachinz Jabin Wood?

I have to at least add this. I provide services, just like Jabin does. I go about it a lot different than he does. I sell restored Benchseats, and restore seatbelts for people. First off, in both cases, I don’t collect any money from my costumers until their item is completed. The only time I do collect a “deposit”, is when a specific color of cover needs to be made to order. And I do everything thru PayPal with invoices. That way the customer has a copy of what service is being done. Only when the service has been completed and I send photos to my customer, is when payment is due, prior to shipping. And as soon as payment is received, I make out the shipping label and the customer gets the tracking number.
I feel that the way Jabin is conducting his business, is putting people at risk to be scammed of their money. Sometimes it takes 6 weeks to get a cover made and a seat built for someone. Just as it takes time to build these harness’. So why take their money now? Your only opening yourself up to being questioned every few days or weeks on when they are getting their product shipped. It’s wrong in expecting payment for something that who knows how long it’s going to take. And to ask someone to use the F&F on PayPal, to save a few bucks on fees is also wrong. I gotta pay them. I gladly do, to keep my customers at ease, knowing that their purchase is protected.
People, you need to learn to protect yourself. I too, learned the hard way. An $800 lesson learned. I paid a deposit on something and fell for the F&F way of paying. HUGE MISTAKE! And I will never do that again, and I would never ask anyone to do it either.
So when it comes to Jabin and his harness’, people need to not pay until he fills the order.

Last edited by TKCR; 09-29-2020 at 06:56 PM.