View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 09:59 AM   #77
texxxan

Re: Problems buying from gmachinz Jabin Wood?

Ok, major update. Let me begin with what I tried to do just to inform everyone of everything. First, after no harness and no tracking number provided, I filed a dispute with Paypal. Paypal rejected my claim because I paid with friends and family. Not paypal's fault, this was my fault. I'm pretty sure that Jabin Wood received the same email as mine on the same rejection date (Sept. 26) but who knows? After no communication with Jabin Wood and starting this thread, I also filed a claim with my bank because I used my debit card through paypal. My bank temporarily refunded my money and contacted either Jabin Wood or paypal, maybe both. I also filed a complaint with the BBB. The BBB sent me an email today that they sent correspondence to Jabin Wood (Harnessworx) regarding this issue. Last night, Jabin Wood messaged me here and stated this:

Hey I just received an email tonight from paypal saying I “have received funds” but I don’t have any other info about this $309...all of my dual tank orders are caught up so I have to assume paypal must have closed your dispute in my favor-which obviously you wanted a refund and I wasn’t able to refund the amount since paypal was “reviewing” the transaction.

At any rate-the $$ is yours not mine so if you would rather I am now able to send the $$ back to you as “friends/family” if you’d like...I just didn’t want to be stuck sending you $309 before making sure paypal was also going to hit me for $309 again. This was all just a goof-up so let me know how you want to resolve this-I can either refund you the $309 or I still have several of the kits in stock (with the correct damn valves lol!) so if you still want a kit, I can have one out in the morning via USPS or if you would rather have a refund, what email do I send the funds to?

I just received my refund of $309. The truth is, this could have all been avoided. I would have been patient if he just communicated with me. Would he have refunded my money if I didn't make this thread and file the listed complaints? I don't know. I believe that the pressure you guys placed on him by tagging him here helped tremendously. He was more than welcome to join in and explain his side. He chose not to. My lesson learned is to not pay with friends and family on paypal and to do my research on the vendor. That was my fault. After I researched and found other complaints, I would not have bought from him. I feel bad that this happened. I will say that I have heard nothing but good things about the quality of his work. Please don't make the same mistake I did. Don't pay with friends and family. Now, I would like to move on and learn more about my trucks and fix them up nicely. Thank you everyone. I'm sorry I started out like this here.