View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 07:24 AM   #94
jaredg

Re: 67-72 C/K/T-40's-90's!

I am another GM medium duty fan who joined to mainly talk big trucks. I rode this bus to school all through grade school and then bought it a few years ago when I had the off chance experience of finding it. Its a 1987 Chevy Wayne 54 passenger from Baltimore County Public Schools and has a 366 gas engine and an Allison AT545 transmission. I built the RV port for it and am in the process of getting her running properly again.

PS: GM used the 67-72 style hood/cowl for the school bus chassis all the way up till the first quarter of 1984! I noticed a post in this thread talking about that bus from Iraq and just wanted to add my 2 cents. I'm not sure why GM continued the old cowl for so long after the medium. My style cowl was used from the second quarter of 1984 up until the end of 1991 which was when the entered a partnership with Blue Bird to use the new Topkick style cowl exclusively through 2003.

I have always loved GM trucks as my granddad had many suburbans. I think between that and riding this bus to school, I fell in love with the them. I also have always been fond of the big square Topkick 1981-1989 style.

Last edited by jaredg; 07-30-2010 at 07:26 AM.
jaredg is offline   Reply With Quote