View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 02:39 AM   #10
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: Long bed bedside and hood patch panel cuts

I have a couple of requests...

I definitely need a 6" piece from the lower rear of the DS quarter. Cutting it at the bodyline would be fine, then 8" back from the wheel well should be a safe amount. It looks straight in the pic... is that line just from the trim piece or is there a crease there?

Also, I fubared the back section of my bed (again still driver side), it would be difficult to straighten, but if I could weld in a new section that would be great. I don't need the taillight area, so you could cut it right at the very back of the bed, before it curves around, then right above where the top bodyline starts to roll over, then at the bottom bodyline, to near the wheel well. That is, if it's straight (looks like it is.) Those cuts should leave a somewhat flat panel.

I'd also like a small 1' square piece about an inch above the bodyline on a clean piece somewhere in the middle front section (going to use that for turn signal filler patches, etc)

Again, shipping could be a deal breaker on the bigger piece I want, but I definitely want the smaller quarter wheel well patch if that area is straight and the 1' square piece. Do you have any way to estimate shipping to Taylors, SC?

Also, if it saves money, I can give you my work address for shipping.
Attached Images

1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!

Last edited by 67ChevyRedneck; 01-24-2015 at 03:06 AM.
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote