View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #1
budnikguy

Dropmember Problem...HELP Please

OK, I purchased a bare PB Extreme Dropmember here on the forum to mock up on my 1 ton frame....and to my excitement it lined up nice. So, I then contacted PB and got them to sell me all the other parts I needed for the install as per this being and Extreme dropmember and using a 1 ton frame. They were amazing, getting me the parts and hardware in quick turnaround time. I have begun to put this in my truck and have run into problems with the inner frame truss to dropmember brackets...the drivers side if bolts are secured in the dropmember the furthest front will not even lay flush on the inner truss bracket, and the rear mount comes closer to laying flush but the holes are not near close enough to mount it. If I mount it to the inner truss bracket it is not even close to lining up to the mounting holes on the dropmember.
Here are pics

On to the passenger side, the inner truss to dropmember brackets do lay flush, but if mounted to the dropmember the holes are not near lining up to be able to mount. If mounted to the inner truss the mounting holes on the dropmember are not even close to mounting up.
Here are pics

I have a few thoughts on this..and I am hoping others can chime in with their wisdom

I did the passenger side first, and decided that if I mounted it to the dropmember I could then just weld the mount to the truss being that the holes did not align, but after mocking the driver side, these seems like a moot option as it would not solve the entire problem.
Then thoughts ran through my head that maybe my frame is tweaked a bit, well with cross measuring it seems straight, or straight as a 40+ year old frame was built.
And finally my thoughts went to that maybe I have the INCORRECT truss to dropmember brackets for my 1 ton frame with an extrememe dropmember.

Would be interested in your opinions, thoughts, experiences, and problem solving ideas...Thanks in advance..

Adam
951-544-0721
budnikguy is offline   Reply With Quote